billi bierling female mountaineer and journalist from Germany

Impressions from Iran

Here are just a few impressions from our wonderful trip to Iran. They should just show the diversity and cultural richness of this country and its people and give you an idea of what we were allowed to experience. No more words needed…

IMG_3371

Imam Mosque in Ishfahan

IMG_6160

Old Bazaar in Ishfahan

IMG_6130

Sunlit tail of a peacock on the ceiling in Isfahan

IMG_6117

Posing in front of the Ishfahan mosques

IMG_6088

Even though it’s the smallest desert, the Maranjab seems vast

IMG_3587

Interior of the Imam Mosque in Ishfahan

IMG_6009

A lone bicycle in Ishfahan

IMG_6060

Planking in the Maranjab Desert

IMG_6083

Gerlinde, Pary and I enjoying the sun and the sand

IMG_3476

Gerlinde gazing into the sunset

IMG_6157

Khaju Bridge in Ishfahan

IMG_6177

Trying to make a western toilet out of a hygienic eastern toilet

IMG_5943

Gerlinde and I during a trip towards Damavand – the highest mountain in Iran

Gerlinde and I near Damavand

Teaching a CORE class for 60 women – and they loved it

IMG_3429

Happy in the Maranjab Desert

IMG_3750

Climbing Tochal

IMG_5895

Plenty of fruit and nuts in Iran

IMG_5896

A cultural trip to the ancient museum in Tehran

IMG_3740

Pary and I on our way up to Tochal

8 Responses

1. Emily Kelting said on February 18, 2015 at 5:54 am

Billi:
    Thanks for taking us again on another fabulous adventure in a part of the world that we don’t know too much about (except in terms of war and politics). Your photos are wonderful! Whether you are climbing mountains, sliding down sand dunes, exploring local markets, or teaching core strengthening to a group of eager women–your love of life and adventure always comes through.
    Love,
    Emily

2. siamak said on February 8, 2015 at 2:50 pm

I am very happy for your happy stay in iran. I hope. See you here. Again.

3. DZ said on February 5, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Du bist die Beste!
    DZ
    😉

4. rosemary Lynch said on January 26, 2015 at 8:36 pm

What great photo’s Billi. You got to see and do so much in such a short time. I’m sure both you and Gerlinde were an inspiration to all the women you met in Iran

5. rosemary Lynch said on January 26, 2015 at 8:32 pm

What great photo’s Billi. You got to do so much in such a short time. I’m sure both you and Gerlinde were an inspiration to all the women you met there.

6. viv said on January 25, 2015 at 6:50 pm

What an amazing experience! Photos are great and say it all. You are amazing! Fondest love Viv

7. Arman said on January 23, 2015 at 6:33 am

My great dear Billi, however you came to Iran during the Political Tsunami has surrounded Iran since about 30 years ago, but I think you can see with your especial intelligent the ancient soul of the people in this area of the world…
    Specifically Women in Iran are trying to approach to their rights and ascend to their competency’s summits. From now on I feel you are one of them and Iran has added to your nationality. Khosh Amadid (Welcome in Persian) in your country and your sisters share you on their dreams…

• Aziz Habibi said on January 24, 2015 at 6:42 am

Arman, what is the meaning of “…the political Tsunami has surrounded Iran…. ancient soul….women….rights…”? Can you understand the meaning of these terms, these concepts? Where is your ancient soul? Truly, where is your ancient soul?
      This is mountaineering website, no floor of street or a platform of motto.
      My great dear Arma!! Please find out your ancient soul.